I’m looking at Anne Gentle’s book for inspiration as I’m working on the WordPress book for Flossmanuals. It a very well written book from the point of view of a technical writer. Not only does this bring its own clarity but Anne’s use of real life examples from a pioneering position documenting Free Software with Free Software tools along make this book great reading.
Inside the Book
- Reasons for using content blogs, wikis, forums, and other social media tools for technical documentation.
- Descriptions of the many types of social media tools and best usese for each tool
- Strategic suggestions for fitting technical publications into a wider social media plan
- Ideas for integration conversation and community in your current documentation set
- Metrics for measuring the success of these connective methods for documentation
- Best practices for wiki authoring and building community around a wiki
- Collaborative authoring strategies that work
- Models for wiki publishing that work for end-user documentation